1) Cut each of the silk ribbons in half. Set aside. Cut the 16" length of wire into four 4" lengths. Set these aside as well
2) Thread one of the crimp tubes onto the length of beading wire along with five of the 4mm beads. Then take the length through one of the open connectors. Take the end of the wire around and back through the crimp tube. Pull the wire to cinch the beaded circle closed and crimp the tube shut with crimping pliers. Close a crimp cover over the top of the crimped tube.
3) Begin the beading pattern by threading on one agate bead and then one 4mm antique brass bead. Repeat this until you have threaded on the last agate bead.
4) Thread on the last crimp tube and then the remaining five 4mm antique brass beads. Take the end of the wire through the other open connector and then back down through the crimp tube. Pull to cinch the crimp tube and then close it with crimping pliers. Trim away the excess wire and then close a crimp cover around the crimped tube.
5) Take one half of each of the silk ribbons and thread one end of each through one of the open connectors. Take one of the 4" lengths of wire and wrap the wire around the ribbon to secure the end. Go for about 1/4" and then trim off the ends of the wire and tuck the ends of the wire into the coil. Cut off the ribbon tails with either scissors or side cutters.
6) Follow the ribbon lengths to the end and wrap the end around the closed loop on the hook end. As you did with the previous ribbon ends, take another of the 4" lengths of wire and wrap this around the ribbon ends to secure. Go for about 1/4" and then trim off the ends of the wire and tuck the ends of the wire into the coil. Cut off the ribbon tails.
7) With the other side of the necklace take the other half of the silk ribbons and thread the ends through the other open connector. Take another 4" length of wire and wrap it around the ribbon to secure the end. Go for 1/4" and trim off the wire and tuck into the coil. Cut off the ribbon tails.
8) Lay the necklace out flat. Line the necklace up so that it's even on each side. Gather the ribbons and make a loop with all three. Thread this loop onto the open part of the hook end. Pull the ribbon so that it is evens out the necklace. Pinch this point and wrap it with the last length of wire. Go for about 1/4" and then trim off the ends of the wire and then tuck the ends of the wire into the coil. Cut off the ribbon tails. Done.
Quantity of Items Needed
18 Faceted Dyed Red Agate Beads 13mm (AG105)
27 Bead 4mm Antique Brass Plated (BD419)
2 Crimp Tube 2x2mm Seamless Antique Brass Plated (CR2510)
2 Crimp Cover 4mm Antique Brass Plated (CR2516)
2 Connector - Hammered Ring 19mm Pewter Antique Brass Plated (LK074)
16" Beadalon Wire .015" 30ft Antique Satin Brass Color 7 Strand (CW050)
16" Artistic Wire Spools 24ga (20-Yd) Gun Metal (CW2413)
1 Large Classic Hook 32x15mm Pewter Antique Brass Plated (CL203)
1 Silk Ribbon Copper (SR133)
1 Silk Fairy Ribbon Light Tan (SR250)
1 Silk Fairy Ribbon Mermaid Green (SR252)