Wire mesh ribbon for jewelry, crafts, textiles and embellishments
WireLace® is a ribbon woven with very fine wires of brass and/or copper then bonded with an enamel coating to create a variety of non-tarnishing stunning colors.
- Nickel-Free: an ideal choice for persons with nickel allergies
- Waterproof: great for fiber crafts, jewelry and sewing where items may get wet or need to be gently hand washed
- Heat Resistant: a great embellishment for use in low heat projects (under 275°), bake directly into polymer clay, adorn lamp shades, hot glue into scrapbooks. Note: certain colors (primarily copper) can change slightly when heated so advance testing is always recommended.
- Expanding: the wider you stretch it, the shorter the length so allow extra - generally 1/2 to 1 times the final length
- Needles: Thread sample: A fine weight collapsible eye needle makes stringing through beads a breeze. Encase sample: Use a large-holed blunt tipped metal yarn needle to glide through the WireLace tube.
Helpful Tips & Finishing Techniques
Hold crystals in place by applying G-S Hypo Cement glue and sliding crystals over glue
Finish raw ends of WireLace by twisting around wire, apply epoxy and trim excess.
Dab on Mod Podge gloss with a make-up sponge to slightly stiffen.
Insert into clamshell endcaps, add glue and squeeze closed
Fill 4mm bell end caps with epoxy glue and insert ends for an elegant finish
Tie-off WireLace on an eye-pin and insert into a cone end.
What can you do with WireLace?
Click Here to move on and learn how to create a basic Crystal WireLace necklace
Click Here to return to the WireLace category.