Miyuki Delica Seed Beads 11/0 (2mm)
Miyuki Delica Seed Beads are made of Glass, come from Japan, are considered to be the best Seed Beads, due to their high quality, brilliance and uniform shape. Miyuki Delica Seed Beads have a large hole to allow for multiple passes with needle and stringing material. The edges and sides of a Miyuki Delica Seed Bead are very uniform and perfectly squared, lining up and fitting into place when used in Bead Weaving Projects or Loom work. The most popular Seed Bead size is 11/0 (eleven-aught), or just “size 11”. *Note: Due to weight variations caused by cut, color and finish, Beads per Package is an approximation only.
Definitions of Coatings and Effects
(Seed beads can have more than one finish applied.)
- a rainbow effect that is applied to the seed beads while still hot. This effect is referred to as "iris" when applied to Metallic beads.
- when a seed bead has a pearlescent finish.
- a very shiny finish
- a finish that makes a finished seed bead look like metal.
- Opaquethe opposite of translucent. You cannot see through the seed bead, they are solid colored.
- a metallic or opaque coating on the inside of the hole. This seed bead itself is either transparent or translucent so that this effect can be seen.
- a very soft, blurred shiny finish.
- the opposite of opaque. You can see through these seed beads
- light is allowed to pass through the seed bead. Think of this as a halfway between transparent and opaque.
** The Diameter of a Delica seed bead can increase due to the amount of effects on the bead itself (AB coating, Luster coating, Metallic Coating)
Some of the Delica seed beads
are dyed, galvanized or plated. These treatments may come off if rubbed too hard, or used with any harsh chemicals.