1) Thead one 18" length of nymo onto a needle and thread on one pinch bead, a seed bead, two more pinch beads, another seed bead and another pinch beads. Slide the beads down towards the tail and then break up the beads so that you have one group of a pinch bead, a seed bead and another pinch bead beside the other group of the same combination. Thread back up through the first group and back down through the second group again.
2) Thread on another group of beads (pinch bead, seed bead, pinch bead) and cinch them up to the other two groups. Take the cording around and back up through the second group of beads, and back down through the third group. (Go through both groups again if your beading feels too loose) Pick up another group of beads (pinch bead, seed bead, pinch bead) and cinch them up to the other three groups. Take the cording around and back up through the third group and down through the fourth group. Now take the cording up through the first group and back down through the fourth group. Take the cording back up through the first group, but exit with the cording after going through the seed bead.
3) Now you will be going around the bead horizontally. Thread a pinch bead on and thread through the next seed bead off to the right. Thread through the seed bead from the bottom to the top. Pull tight, thread on another pinch bead and go through the next seed bead to the right from the bottom to the top. Continue until you come back to the first seed bead that you started from.
4) Now go back around the bead horizontally again going through each of the pinch beads and seed beads, only this time thread through the seed beads from the top to the bottom. This will straighten and tighten all of the pinch beads around the bead. Go back to the first seed that you started from, go through the next pinch bead to the right and then go from the bottom to the top of the next seed bead. Now go through the pinch bead directly above this seed bead.
5) To finish off your cording on this side, thread under one group of cording that connects the pinch beads to one another. Finish with a double overhand knot or a surgeon's knot. Cut off the remaining cord tail and then thread your needle onto the cording tail on the other side of the bead. Finish off the cording on the other side of the bead just as you did with the first side.
6) Repeat all steps again to create a second bead.
7) Thread one 3mm bead onto one of the earwires, and then thread on one of the pinch beads, followed by another 3mm Sterling Silver bead. Repeat this same step to assemble the other earring. Done!
Quantity of Items Needed
36" Nymo Nylon Thread Black Size D (BC901)
4 Round Bead 3mm Sterling Silver (BD305)
24 Miyuki Delica Seed Bead 11/0 Metallic Purple AB (DB0025)
2 Ear Wire Fish Hook with Dapped End 42mm Sterling Silver (ER615)
24 Czech Glass Pinch Beads 3x5mm Crystal/Sapphire Silver Coated AB (PB118)